The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to the websites, NorthMeckRotary.org and NorthMeckRotary.com. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Only authorized members of the North Mecklenburg Rotary Club, their assigns, or individuals working on behalf of the North Mecklenburg Rotary Club who have an expressed need to have access to your information will be granted access. Over time, we will review our systems and processes to ensure that we are providing the best possible security for your data.
- What information do we collect? - We collect information about you when you register on our site, place an order on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form on our site. This data will most often include, though not be necessarily limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. You may visit our site anonymously. However, certain functions may not be available without this data.
- What do we use your information for? - Typically, your information is used to personalize your experience, process transactions, and send information that we feel may be pertinent to you.
- How do we protect your information? - Our site uses multiple security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected. General contact information about you is shared only with other verified members of the site, and even then, only information that you have approved will be shared. More personal information including financial transactions, private contact information, and information you have chosen not to share with other members is protected, and can only be viewed by you, or us. Financial information, including credit card numbers and/or bank account numbers are only transmitted through secure connections (SSL), and are handled by our financial processing partner, Authorize.net. Credit card and/or bank account numbers are never stored on our servers.
- Do we disclose information to outside parties? - We will never sell, transfer, trade, or otherwise disclose any personally identifiable information about you to any other party without your expressed, written consent except in certain circumstances when we are legally bound to do so. These may include, but may not necessarily be limited to: 1) Disclosure to authorities about victims of suspected crimes; 2) Disclosures in response to subpoenas or orders of the court; 3) Disclosures to law enforcement to provide information about someone suspected to be involved in a crime; 4) Disclosures that are an unavoidable by-product of our daily operations; 5) Disclosures to affiliates or assigns of the North Mecklenburg Rotary Club who have also committed to respecting the privacy of your information.
- How do we handle children’s online privacy? - We comply with the requirements under COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and in doing so we do not collect any information from anyone under the age of 13. Our website is directed at individuals who are over the age if 18.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents, including any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the literature that may be included on this site; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
If you wish to cancel your affiliation with us, you may notify us through the “contact us” link. All your information will be removed from the site within 1 business day. If you are a member of the North Mecklenburg Rotary Club, cancelling your affiliation with the website will not change your membership status with the club off line. If you wish to cancel your membership with the North Mecklenburg Rotary Club, you must contact the rotary club directly.
Our intention is to make this site available at all times. However, unforeseen events may cause the site to be unavailable from time to time. As such, we do not guarantee availability of the site at any specified time or for any span of time. If you must complete certain actions where time is of the essence, and these features are unavailable, please contact the Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg directly. We disclaim all responsibility for direct or indirect loss as a result of inability to access the site, or any features of the site.
The information contained on this site is the property of The Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg. You may not use or post any information contained herein on any other website, or distribute this information electronically or in print without the expressed consent of the Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg. The “Rotary International Wheel” logo is the property of Rotary International. It may not be used electronically or in print without the consent of Rotary International.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of North Carolina govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website or any of its features, you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the North Carolina courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Condition, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing by duly authorized representatives of the Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg.
Notification of Changes
© The Rotary Club of North Mecklenburg, 2012 - All Rights Reserved